Current Civil Docket April 6 – April 30th
- MONDAY APRIL 6, 2020 REFIXED TO 5-4
- THURSDAY APRIL 9, 2020 REFIXED TO 5-4
- MONDAY APRIL 13, 2020 RESET BY ORDER
- THURSDAY APRIL 16, 2020 RESET BY ORDER
- TUESDAY APRIL 21, 2020 REFIXED TO 6-5
- MONDAY APRIL 20, 2020 REFIXED TO 6-22
- THURSDAY APRIL 23, 2020 REFIXED TO 6-25
The Civil Department is responsible for the filing of all pleadings relating to civil, probate, adoption records. successions, interdictions, emancipations and issuing services and notices. Adoption records are not public. Therefore, copies of adoptions will require a court order to be released. Advance deposits must be paid at the time of filing apart from pauper cases and answers to the original petition in accordance with R.S. 13:843.
In accordance with R.S. 13:502 an individual may file any money claim under the amount of $5,000 on the Clerks Docket; all other claims are filed under the Civil Suits.