Reduction of Hours of Operation-Effective March 25, 2020
The Lincoln and Union Parish Clerk of Court is ordered to reduce their hours of operation to 8:30am to 1:00pm beginning March 25, 2020 and continue through April 9, 2020, subject to extension by order of the court. -granted and signed by Chief Judge, Thomas Rogers. See Below Order
Louisiana Clerks of Court provide many essential services to the citizens of the State of Louisiana. With the emergency our State now finds itself, it has become even more apparent of the importance of the many services provided by the Clerks affecting the day to day lives of our citizens and the economy of this State.
The offices of the Louisiana Clerks of Courts throughout the State will continue to operate and provide essential services, but will be complying with the proclamations issued by the Governor, orders issued by the Louisiana Supreme Court, orders issued by the District Courts and orders issued by local governing authorities.
Given the public’s health concerns and the necessity to slow the spread of the disease, the operations of the Louisiana Clerks’ offices during this emergency period will be as follows:
1. The Louisiana Clerks’ offices will be closed to the public except in certain emergency matters.
2. Times of operation of each Clerk’s office may vary from parish to parish depending on orders of the local governing authority or the Chief Judge of the District Court. Please visit: www.laclerksofcourt.org as to operating hours.
3. The issuance of marriage license will be suspended except in emergency and applicants should call clerk’s office to make an appointment to do so.
4. The issuance of birth and death certificates will be suspended but may be obtained on-line at: www.ldh.la.gov
5. Documents to be recorded in the Mortgage or Conveyance records may be mailed to the clerk’s office or filed by e-Recording in 32 of our 64 clerks’ offices (please go to: www.laclerksofcourt.org for list under Emergency Clerk of Court Office Hours). https://www.laclerksofcourt.org/
6. It is strongly recommended to expedite the filing process that all UCC’S be e-Recorded with the Louisiana Secretary of State at: www.geauxbiz.com
7. All clerks’ offices have on-line services to search mortgage and conveyance records except for 4 parishes. (Please refer to: www.laclerksofcourt.org for list) Additionally, you may wish to visit our statewide portal at: www.laclerksportal.org
8. Documents to be filed in Court records may be mailed or faxed to each clerk’s office for filing. Additionally, 13 parishes also provide e-Filing. Please visit: www.laclerksofcourt.org for listing.
9. Pursuant to Orders of the Supreme Court, essential civil matters: civil protective orders, child in need of care proceedings, emergency child custody matters, proceedings for children removed from their home by emergency court order, proceedings related to emergency interdictions and mental health orders, matters of public health related to this crisis and other emergency matters to protect the health, safety and liberty of individuals as determined by each court may be filed in person with the clerk’s office or in a manner provided by local Court Order.
10. Pursuant to Orders of the Supreme Court, the essential criminal matters: criminal initial appearances for adults and juveniles, arraignments for incarcerated individuals and bond hearings shall be conducted via video and/or telephone conferencing.
Public Entry Restrictions-Effective March 23, 2020
In accordance with Louisiana Governor’s Proclamation # 33 JBE 2020 Union Parish Clerk of Court will be closed to the public, but we will still perform our essential services for our community.
Union Parish Clerk of Court’s Office encourages you to conduct business with our office by electronic means. Below you can find links to our eRecording, eFiling and eSearch. Also, our website is a source of information that can assist your needs. You can visit us at our website to access all of these options. Please feel free to call us at 318-368-3055.
Union Parish Courthouse Restrictions will remain in place temporarily until it is determined to be safe to remove them. People who think they have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately. -updated post-03/25/2020
Welcome to the Union Parish Clerk of Court. This office is pleased to provide the community with an online resource to help visitors obtain information and conduct business with us. We hope you find this website a useful and friendly environment that serves your needs in an efficient, cost-effective and secure manner.
Dodi Eubanks took office on July 1, 2008. This office has eRecording and eFiling available. Subscriptions to our online indices and images are available. Please contact our office at 318-368-3055 or click on the top of this webpage to access our eRecording, eFiling and online index search.
“At the Union Parish Clerk of Court it is our mission to provide the Community with integrity and excellence in a cost and efficient manner. We believe the core values are an integral part of our success. Our aim is to set us apart from usual public offices by making the process easy and pleasant for our customers from start to finish. We will accomplish this by treating everyone the way we ourselves would like to be treated. Our adopted logo is “Raising the Standard” Dodi Eubanks, Union Parish Clerk of Court