Act 145 – Effective August 1, 2014
Costs At Time of Filing
- $200.00 money order payable to Clerk of Court
- $250.00 money order payable to Louisiana Bureau of Criminal Identification/Information
- $ 50.00 money order payable to Union Parish Sheriff
- $ 50.00 money order payable to Union Parish District Attorney
- 2-$50.00 money orders payable to the Department of Public Safety -DWI charge only.
THESE FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
- By law, the Clerk of Court shall not provide any legal advice on how to prepare legal documents. You will either need to speak to an attorney or research the Louisiana law books to determine what information should be included in the motion.
- Once a motion is filed with the Clerk of Court, it will be forwarded to a Judge for review, and a hearing date may be set. You and/or your attorney will need to be present in court on that day. The Clerk of Court will mail a notice of the court date, so please include a valid mailing address on the original motion.
- If the Judge grants the expungement, you will need to present him/her with the Order for Expungement of Arrest/Convicton Record to sign in open court.
- If the expungement is granted, you will need to obtain certified copies of any filings needed. Certified copies are $1.00 per page plus an additional $5.00 for certification of each copy. Please be sure to obtain an adequate number of copies, as you may be unable to obtain copies once the files have been removed from public record.
- The State of Louisiana, the District Attorney and the Sheriff will be served with a copy of the Judgment, but you will be responsible for serving any other agency with information about your charge on file.
The processing fees provided for by this Article are nonrefundable and shall not be returned even if the court denies these motions.
Expungement Forms Index
|Form #||Form Name|
|Form Exp 4||Certification of Fee Waiver||DA approves waive of fees|
|Form Exp 5||Motion for Expungement||Misdemeanor or Felony|
|Form Exp 6||Affidavit of Response||Objections or Not|
|Form Exp 7||Order of Expungement||No Objections/No Hearings|
|Form Exp 8||Order of Expungement||After Hearing|
|Form Exp 9||Motion for Interim Expungement||Expungement of felony of arrest if charge reduced to misdemeanor|
|Form Exp 10||Order of Interim Expungement||Expungement of felony of arrest if charge reduced to misdemeanor|
|Exp Supplemental 1||Supplemental Sheet for Arrest/No Convictions|
|Exp Supplemental 2||Supplemental Sheet for Misdemeanor Convictions|
|Exp Supplemental 3||Supplemental Sheet for Felony Convictions|
|DWI Plea Form||Transmittal of Records of DWI Plea||Transmittal of Records of DWI Plea Pursuant to Article 894|
|DWI Expungement Form||Transmittal of Records for Expungement of DWI||Transmittal of Records for Expungement of DWI|