Union Parish Clerk of Court is not to provide any legal advise or technical help to attorneys or pro se applicants regarding the preparation or filing process of expungements. For assistance contact the LA Bureau of Criminal Information in Baton Rouge, LA. An attorney or pro se applicant must do their own research on the case and decide how to complete the Expungement form.
CHECKLIST FOR EXPUNGEMENTS:
(MOTION TO SET ASIDE 893/894 CONVICTION MUST BE COMPLETED FIRST)
- $550.00 applicant must have all fees at the time of filing which are non-refundable. Initial filings from the attorney or defendant must provide the following:
- a.) Certified copy of the motion and order of Dismissal.
- b.) Motion for expungement forms filled out with attachments (Bill of Information, incident report, court minutes/disposition).
- c.) State background check (contact Baton Rouge State Police).
- d.) Fingerprint card (can be obtained from the Sheriff’s Office).
- e.) If applicable: a letter of completion of probation, e.g., (felony-verification of first offender pardon or Misdemeanor-termination letter from probation officer.
- f.) $200.00 money order payable to Union Parish Clerk of Court.
- g.) $250.00 money order payable to Louisiana Bureau of Criminal Investigation as known as Department of Public Safety and Corrections.
- h.) $50.00 money order payable to Union Parish District Attorney’s Office.
- i.) $50.00 money order payable to Union Parish Sheriff’s Office.
DWI expungements require an additional $100.00 for processing.
(2 separate $50.00 money orders) a separate packet with transmittal letters
(Art. 556/984 repository letters) must be sent to the Office of Motor Vehicles prior to filing for expungement.
- Expungement Forms Index
|Form #||Form Name|
|Form Exp 4||Certification of Fee Waiver||DA approves waive of fees|
|Form Exp 5||Motion for Expungement||Misdemeanor or Felony|
|Form Exp 6||Affidavit of Response||Objections or Not|
|Form Exp 7||Order of Expungement||No Objections/No Hearings|
|Form Exp 8||Order of Expungement||After Hearing|
|Form Exp 9||Motion for Interim Expungement||Expungement of felony of arrest if charge reduced to misdemeanor|
|Form Exp 10||Order of Interim Expungement||Expungement of felony of arrest if charge reduced to misdemeanor|
|Exp Spl 1||Supplemental Sheet for Arrest/No Convictions|
|Exp Spl 2||Supplemental Sheet for Misdemeanor Convictions|
|Exp Spl 3||Supplemental Sheet for Felony Convictions|
|DWI Plea Form||Transmittal of Records of DWI Plea||Transmittal of Records of DWI Plea Pursuant to Article 894|
|DWI Exp||Transmittal of Records for Expungement of DWI||Transmittal of Records for Expungement of DWI|
Expungement Forms CCrP 893 & 894
|Form #||Form Name|
|Form Exp 1||Motion to Set Aside Conviction and Dismiss Prosecution||CCrP 893 & 894|
|Form Exp 2||Rule to Show Cause||CCrP 893 & 894|
|Form Exp 3||Order to Dismissal||CCrP 893 & 894|